2016 Mission Trips
ZOE, one of our international mission partners, works with Guatemalan youth to empower communities near the town of Quetzaltenango. ZOE accomplishes this through social worker mentoring, giving small grants and loans to youth, and partnering with local churches. On a ZOE trip you will visit different working groups to develop relationships with these children. You'll see their businesses, pray and fellowship together, hear their testimonies, and learn about their culture. Click here for a FAQ sheet about these Guatemala trips.
Upcoming trip dates:
- October 2 - 7, 2016
- Day 1: Travel to Guatemala City, drive to Quetzaltenango
- Day 2-4: Visit ZOE working groups
- Day 5: Debriefing day in Antiagua
- Day 6: Return to Houston
ZOE Guatemala trips are $1,500 per person. A $900 deposit secures your spot.
Please email all applications to email@example.com. Youth may attend with a parent/guardian.
St. Luke's and ZOE have worked together in Africa for several years, and more recently we have expanded this life-changing program into Latin America. To learn more about ZOE and how they empower orphaned and vulnerable youth to achieve self-sufficiency, visit their website by clicking here.
ZOE Trips of Hope - Africa and India
ZOE also offers trips to visit other countries and to see the ZOE empowerment program in action. Dates for 2016 include:
- Malawi- June 21-30
- Rwanda- June 22-30 (waitlist)
- Kenya- July 6-15
- Zimbabwe- July 13-22
- Zimbabwe- July 27-August 5
- Kenya- August 24-September 2 (waitlist)
The Trips of Hope cost $1,090 per person plus airfare. Please contact Elena Ballam at to register.
St Luke's Student Ministries has a few spots open for adult leaders on their 2016 DR trip! This team will be working with construction projects, vacation bible school, and sports ministry July 5-12. For more information about serving on this trip, please contact Rob Dulaney at .
The Story Houston will also have a mission trip with GO from June 7-14. For more information, please visit here.
GO Ministries works on the island of Hispaniola to redeem people, renew communities, and restore creation. GO has extensive partnerships with local pastors, trains future leaders, and organizes sports ministry at their Leadership Development Complex. For seven years we've been partnering with GO Ministries through yearly mission trips. To learn more about GO Ministries visit their website by clicking here.
Houston Flood Recovery
Flooding has greatly impacted Houston in 2015. Even though life had returned to normal for many Houstonians, there is still much work to be done. The Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church is currently recruiting volunteers for the following projects:
- Relief work in East Houston- For the next few weeks they will be tarping and removing dry way and carpet for those affected by Halloween flooding.
- Repair and rebuild of homes affected by Memorial Day- Over 12,000 homes were affected and the conference will be working on homes all over Houston for the next few months.
- Case Management and phone bank volunteers- All resource and training will be provided by any individual interested. The phone bank is checking on residents and returning calls to determine level of need and refer to Case Management.
Contact Carol Greenslate at to help out with these volunteer opportunities.
St. Luke's is also planning one-day work projects during Christmas 2015 and Spring Break 2016. Please contact Alice King at for more information.
Recent Mission Trips
All three of our trips this year were incredible! Please see below for photo albums:
Please contact Billy McMahon at or 713-402-5034 for questions about mission trips.