Mark 1:8 I baptize you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.
Baptism and Holy Communion are the two Sacraments of the United Methodist Church. In the Sacrament of Baptism, words, actions and the physical element of water are combined to both express and convey God’s grace and love.
At St. Luke’s UMC, we welcome children and adults into the family of faith just as Jesus did. Baptism of child is a commitment by parents to raise the child in the life of the church, and of the Christian faith. During our Baptism ceremony, the entire congregation vows to love, encourage, walk with and embrace these children on their path to eternal life.
- Baptism is available for infants through adults in our church community.
- Adults and young people may present themselves for Baptism at any time.
- Children may be baptized at most Sunday worship services.
- Please make reservations for the baptism & baptism class at least 6 weeks in advance. Contact at 713-402-5028 to schedule a date.
- St. Luke’s requires that parents take a Baptism Class prior to their child’s Baptism.
If you would like more information about Baptism, we invite you to speak with a minister.