Welcome to St. Luke's!
Connecting Ministries at St. Luke’s UMC is passionate about helping you find a place to belong and serve in the church.
Our desire is to provide resources, guidance and support for you to be a part of the life-giving relationship of the church, which includes joining our church family and finding a small group and Sunday School class that truly fit. We support people in discovering their God-given spiritual gifts, abilities and passions through SHAPE, a spiritual-gifts assessment.
The opportunities for service abound at St. Luke’s. Here are just a few of the ways you can make a difference in our church community.
- Make Tender Loving Care phone calls to church members in times of need or joy.
- Be a life-changing mentor to a child for one hour a week through KIDS HOPE USA.
- Nurture and inspire the children of St. Luke’s as a Sunday School Teacher or helper.
- Brighten someone’s day through Pet Ministry at assisted living communities.
- Welcome visitors and members on Sunday morning as an Open Doors greeter.
- Help visitors navigate through our church as a Funeral/Reception Guild volunteer.
To learn more contact at 713-402-5153.
Our Connecting Ministries Staff
Name: Rev. Bill Denham
Ministry: Care, Connecting, Prayer, Worship - Traditional
Name: Mrs. Kelly Grimes
Name: Sondra Koenig
Name: Kristin Martinez
Ministry: Care, Connecting