Singles at St. Luke's
St. Luke's is not just a church for couples and traditional families! We welcome and value singles – whether you have never been married, or you are separated, divorced, or widowed. There are many opportunities for singles to socialize, learn and serve throughout the year. In addition to Sunday morning classes and worship, we offer programs for singles to embrace and serve. Contact Susan Silvus at for more information.
- Singles Mingle
- Second Sunday Lunch
- Fourth Friday Dinners
- Singles @ 9:45 Class Events
- Sojourners Class Events
- BINGO Night
Sunday Morning Classes
- Singles @ 9:45 - This active class is for ages 30-50 and meets at 9:45 a.m. in Room B230 on the second floor of the Youth Building.
- Discovery - A small class for young adults, ages 21-34, meets at 9:45 a.m. in Rev. Linda Christian’s office at the Westheimer campus. The class is led by Steve and Ruth McCurdy in a round-table discussion exploring scripture and how they speak to our daily lives. Couples are also welcome.
- Luminous - A class of young adults, made up of both couples and singles, in their 20s and 30s. Each Sunday offers an in-depth Bible study with discussion led by Scooter Smith and Mike Stroman. This growing class features regular service projects and frequent social gatherings and meets in R25 at the Westheimer campus.
- Sojourners - The class, ages 50+, meets at 9:45 a.m. in B151 at the Westheimer campus and topics ranging from Bible study to faith issues in daily living are presented by Phil Murray in a lecture/interactive discussion format. The class also sponsors frequent social and service opportunities.
Small groups are the place at St. Luke's where we build lasting relationships, deepen our faith, and prepare to live out our faith in the world. Our L.I.F.T., Living in Faith Together, group meets on Monday evenings and follows the sermon series. Each week is self-contained so you are welcome to come whenever you can. Contact Susan Silvus at .