Scripture+Shared Lenten Bible Study
These Bones Shall Live
A study of the book of Ezekiel
Week of February 18 – Week of April 8
The prophet Ezekiel was a mystic, who saw visions of wheels in the sky and graveyards that came back to life. His visions were strange, but at their core, the visions were a sort of mirror in which the people Israel could see who they really were. Moreover, the visions were a window into a God who would restore them to new abundant life. During the season of Lent 2018, come join us in our Scripture + Shared Bible study and corresponding sermon series, “These Bones Shall Live,” team taught by Dr. Tom Pace and Rev. Eric Huffman.
WHAT IS SCRIPTURE + SHARED?
- St. Luke’s church-wide Bible Study ministry
- Materials are written by Dr. Pace in concert with other pastors and staff of St. Luke’s
- The Scripture + Shared offering this spring is an 8-week study of the book of Ezekiel
- Scripture + Shared is also the name of the app that participants will use to access the materials (materials will also be available for download on the St. Luke’s website at www.stlukesmethodist.org/bible).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Study with your current LIFT group or Sunday School class
- Sign up for a new LIFT group
- If your life is too crazy right now to commit to a specific day and time for a LIFT group, invite a friend or coworker to be your “Bible Buddy” and use the materials to study and exchange thoughts and ideas at a time that is mutually convenient.
DAILY BIBLE READINGS INCLUDE:
- A passage of scripture
- A section to help you understand the scripture of the day
- Four to six questions for reflection and discussion
- Each week there will be a short (approximately 10 – 15 minute) video of Dr. Pace and/or Rev. Eric Huffman teaching a lesson about the scripture.
For more information, contact Kathy Neely.