St. Luke’s United Methodist Church was founded on June 14th, 1945 in Houston, Texas. The first service was held on November 11, 1945 in the Lamar High School (Houston, Texas) auditorium. On December 23, 1951, St. Luke’s moved from Lamar High School to the current location at 3471 Westheimer, Houston, Texas. On September 27, 2009 St. Luke’s merged with Gethsemane United Methodist Church. St. Luke’s United Methodist Church of Houston, Texas, is a member of the Texas Conference within the United Methodist Church.
Dr. Durwood Fleming (1945-1961)
Dr. J. Kenneth Shamblin (1961-1976)
Dr. Walter L. Underwood (1976-1984)
Dr. James W. Moore (1984-2006)
Dr. Thomas J. Pace (2006-Present)