Harvey Flood Relief – St. Luke’s continues to serve.
We weren’t the first in, but we will be the last out. – Dr. Tom Pace
These words from Dr. Pace inspire us to live out our faith by serving our Houston friends impacted by Hurricane Harvey. After 6 months, this commitment
to walk alongside our neighbors and to support our community speaks hope and love into the hearts of those who continue to suffer as they discern a way
Through a collaborative effort known as The Restoration Team, St. Luke’s along with Chapelwood UMC, Westbury UMC, and St. Paul’s UMC, received grant funding from Houston Harvey Relief Fund, managed by Greater Houston Community Foundation, to help with rebuild efforts. The Restoration Team is hosting groups from around the country as they travel to Houston and help with the rebuilding effort.
Alongside this effort, St. Luke’s is having monthly workdays where we will work in homes affected by Harvey to install drywall and insulation. We would love your help.
Join a Work Team (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) No experience needed. All supplies provided.
- March 24
- April 7
- June 30
- July 21
- August 25
- September 22
- October 20
- November 10
- December 15
Impact of your service
- In the early days after Hurricane Harvey, St. Luke’s deployed 23 teams to muck out over 28 homes.
- Also, St. Luke’s reached out to 4500 members to check on their safety and to offer assistance.
- St. Luke’s has received $465,921.64 to date from generous members and persons around the world.
- St. Luke’s has provided $199,603.37 to date in direct aid.
- The Restoration Team has received $504,000 in grant funds to muck 100 homes and install drywall and insulation in 24 homes.