Welcome to our Student Ministry Safe Sanctuary Certification page. This page is where you can find everything you need to go through Safe Sanctuary Training and Certification, a required part of becoming a St. Luke’s and The Story Student Ministry Volunteer.
We have a lot of fun in our ministry, but we want to put safety first. That is why we want to ensure that all of our volunteers understand our Safe Sanctuary policy in addition to being background checked, before volunteering around children and students.
In order to become Safe Sanctuary certified at St. Luke’s you must:
- Read and complete our Safe Sanctuary policy and application
- Grant permission to contact 2-3 references and conduct a background check
- Complete the training presentation
- Take the quiz and score an 80% or better
- You will be asked to complete the Annual Renewal Form (short form) once per year.
Below are all the tools you need. If you have any questions about the status of your certification process, please call the Student Ministries office at 713-402-5092.