The Building Engineer is responsible for the overall maintenance of all buildings, grounds and systems at the Westheimer campus. This position also provides back-up maintenance support to the Gethsemane campus. This is a full-time position which frequently requires work on Sundays and occasionally on weekends and evenings. The Building Engineer reports to the Director of Facilities.
- Monitor and ensure the timely, accurate completion of preventive maintenance and repairs for the Westheimer campus including the buildings, grounds, systems and physical plant.
- Direct contractors/vendors in the maintenance of HVAC, Elevators, Fire Protection Equipment, Exterminators and other directly contracted facilities services. Coordinate with the Director of Facilities to ensure that work performed is per contract and within cost parameters.
- Perform back-up programming/coordination of HVAC energy management system.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all Church leased property and vehicles.
- Ensure that all work is performed in adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Assist with the coordination of Security on church property.
Requirements & Attributes
- High school diploma/GED
- Current Third-Grade (or higher) Stationary Engineer License
- A minimum of three years directly related building maintenance experience including HVAC, electrical, plumbing and structural
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skill
- Effective oral and written communications skills in responding to work requests and discerning maintenance and repair needs
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively triage work requests
- Ability to foster cooperative work relationships with Church staff and contractors/vendors
Candidates considered for an offer of employment will be required to pass a background check.