Coordinator of Group Life & Women’s Ministries
The Coordinator of Group Life and Women’s Ministries is responsible for casting, communicating, and executing the vision for Group Life (small groups, Sunday schools, and classes) as well as programs targeted specifically for women. This person will inspire staff, volunteer leaders, and potential group members to participate in Group Life as an important step in their faith journey. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Director of Adult Ministries, which requires availability to work Sunday mornings and occasionally on weekday evenings.
- Responsible for the design and development of a small group model that supports the mission and vision of St. Luke’s UMC
- Develop a strategy to recruit, train and spiritually develop small group members
- Cultivate, encourage, train, and equip leaders within Sunday school classes
- Lead facilitator trainings for Sunday school teachers and small group leaders
- Provide assistance with curriculum and guidance as needed (stay up-to-date on available options, investigate possibilities, obtain and distribute materials)
- Initiate periodic registration pushes for new small groups and follow up with group members
- Coordinate two annual retreats
- Plan quarterly events
- Develop and support a women’s ministry council or volunteer team
Requirements & Attributes
- Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in a United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years’ experience working in a ministry setting required; five years preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be an excellent communicator; able to articulate clearly both in spoken and written form
- Must be self-motivated and able to take a task or project through to completion
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and resolve conflicts
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- Must possess strong relational skills and the ability to oversee and lead multiple teams of volunteers
- Experience with The Rock CHMS a plus
Candidates considered for an offer of employment will be required to pass a background check which includes a review of their credit history.