Coordinator of Children’s Church
This position will coordinate the development and implementation of Children’s Church, a new worship experience for children of St. Luke’s and The Story Houston. This is a part-time, 20 hour per week position, which reports to the Director of Children’s Ministries.
Developing & Implementing
- Build a new leadership team, which includes established leaders from St. Luke’s and The Story Kids
- Recruit, train and equip worship leaders, small group leaders, storytellers, and other key leader opportunities for our youth and adults to help launch this new worship service
- Select developmentally and spiritually appropriate curriculum that encompasses our 5 habits:
- We pray.
- We study the Bible.
- We make friends.
- We tell our stories.
- We give ourselves away in generosity and service.
- Collaborate with ministries and worship communities to foster community in our church and our neighborhood.
- Partner with parents and our intergenerational church family to nurture our children as we, together, fulfill our ministry purpose, to build a spiritual foundation in each child that will last a lifetime.
- Foster relationships with other church communities to share ideas and create ways of bringing new children and their families to know and love Jesus.
- Embrace, love and care for our children.
- Serve on the Children’s Ministries team and Children’s Council and participate in other programs and events as a vital team member.
Spiritual Gifts which are Helpful for this Job Include:
- One or more of these spiritual gifts: apostleship, administration, shepherding, leadership, compassion, evangelism and exhortation (encouragement)
- Evidence of a passion for cultivating a love of Jesus in each child
- Active and growing disciple of Jesus
Requirements & Attributes
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior ministry leadership experience including working with a large group of volunteers
- Proven ability to collaborate and work with other ministry leaders
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to delegate responsibility and follow-up to complete tasks
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to listen to and communicate with children, their families, lay leaders and our community
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media tools
Candidates considered for an offer of employment will be required to submit to a background check.