St. Luke’s is a church where compassion is more than a feeling. Our clergy are available to talk and pray with you when you are experiencing grief, a difficult family situation, an illness, or when you are struggling with another challenging life event. In addition to our pastors, St. Luke’s has a counseling center open to the community and staffed with licensed therapists. The church also equips and empowers lay caregivers—called Stephen Ministers—to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting. If you would like to talk to a pastor or Stephen Minister, call the main church number at 713-622-5710 and we will get you in touch with a member of our clergy.To schedule an appointment with a professional counselor, call 713-402-5046.
Stephen Ministers are men and women in our congregation who listen, care, and encourage persons who are facing a crisis or who are going through a tough time. They provide emotional and spiritual support. These ministers have fifty hours of specialized training, enabling them to walk alongside someone in need, without judgment and with confidence and compassion. The weekly one-on-one sessions last an hour and are completely confidential and free. Contact Reverend Bill Denham or call him at 713-402-5156.
Reverend Bill Denham leads a 13-week Christian based GriefShare group on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. This is for people who are grieving the death of a loved one. For some, it is the loss of a spouse. For others, it is the loss of a parent, a sibling, or a child. The pain is intense and each person has a unique story. There are no quick fixes. No one ever gets over the loss of a loved one. You do not have to be a church member to attend. Cost: $35. Childcare is available with reservation. The next session is September 10 – December 3, 2019. To register, contact Shelley Quillin at 713-402-5033.animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=””]Register[/fusion_button]
Seven days a week, 52 weeks a year, St. Luke’s staff ministers and lay ministers bring the love of Christ to church members, or their friends and family who are hospitalized in the Houston area. If you would like to help, or if you know or someone who would appreciate a ministerial visit, contact Laurie Kereluk, 713-402-5086.
Caring for a loved one with memory loss is stressful. The Amazing Place offers respite care, facilitates family meetings, provides education and resources as needed. For more information visit their website or call 713-552-0420
For families with children of special needs P.M. Pals is our “kids night out” program offered free to church members and the community. Our special needs children and their siblings will have a blast while parents have the opportunity for a much-needed night out to reconnect and rest. Offered on the second Friday of each month from 6 to 9:45 p.m. at St. Luke’s Westheimer campus. To participate or volunteer, please email Bevin Barrett or call 713-402-5053.
The Nick Finnegan Counseling Center (NFCC) – a ministry of St. Luke’s Church – provides affordable mental healthcare to individuals, kids, couples and families. NFCC meets you where you are emotionally and financially. Payment options include insurance, self-pay rates of $90 or less and a sliding scale. Call 713-402-5046 for more information or to schedule an appointment. Conversations are confidential.
NFCC is not a crisis facility. Call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room if you are experiencing a mental health emergency. If you have thoughts of suicide or self-harm, call the suicide hotline immediately. For the adult hotline, call 800-784-2433; for the teen hotline, call 800-273-8255.
- Contractor’s Group AA 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. EC 0-304-301 (men only, “closed” to observations)
- Catacombs AA 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. EN-205 (open group)
- River Oaks Tuesday AA 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. ES-311
- Catwomen AA 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. EN-205 (women only group)
- St. Luke’s AA 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. EC-304 (attic)
- Tuesday Al-Anon Family Group 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. EN-204
- Nar-Anon Family Meeting 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. ES-311
- Tuesday DA 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. EN-204
- DA Vision Group Last Tuesday 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. EN-207
- Business DA 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. 3501 Building 107
- re:MIND Tuesday 11:00 a.m – 12:30 p.m. EN-208
- re: MIND Thursday 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Chapel Parlor and EN-208
- SAA 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. 3501 Building 104
- SAA 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. 3501 Building 104
Sex and Love Addicts
- SLAA 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. 3501 Building 101 (Augustine Fellowship)
- SLAA 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. 3501 Building 104 (Augustine Fellowship)
- SLAA Sat Evening 5:30 p.m. 3501 Building 101
- TexUS TOO, Inc. Prostate Cancer Group, 2nd Monday, 7-9:30 p.m., EN207
- Weight Watchers 12-1 p.m. EC304
- Food Addicts in Recovery (FAIR) 12-1 p.m. 3501 Building 104
|Rev. Bill Denham|
Pastor of Caring Ministries
Caring and Membership