Welcome to St. Luke's Traditional Worship!
Our traditional worship services are held in our newly renovated Sanctuary at 8:30, 9:45 and 11 a.m. Dr. Tom Pace, Senior Pastor, delivers a dynamic scripture based message and one of our four choirs, accompanied by organ, leads us in traditional hymns and powerful anthems.
- 8:30 a.m.—Sanctuary
- 9:45 a.m.—Sanctuary (sign interpreter is provided at this service)
- Dr. Tom Pace preaching
- Sign interpreter is provided at this service
- Music by St. Cecilia women's choir and Vertias men's choir
- 11 a.m.—Sanctuary
- Dr. Tom Pace preaching
- Music by Chancel Choir
- Includes Children's Sermon
Not able to join us in person?
- Watch the sermon message (week-delay) from our Traditional Worship service (Westheimer Campus) at 10 a.m. on KUBE.
- Find previous messages in our Sermon Archives.
- Order a CD or DVD from previous messages through our online form or by calling 713-402-5124.
Holy Communion and Baptism are the two Sacraments of the United Methodist Church.
The Sacrament of Holy Communion invites us to focus on the self-giving nature of God—making the shared meal an occasion of grace—and on the holiness of our communion with God and one another.
Our founder, John Wesley, encouraged the people called Methodist to receive Holy Communion “as often as possible.” At St. Luke’s UMC, all are welcome at The Lord’s Table, including children. The elements are bread and grape juice.
The Sacrament is celebrated on Sundays at the following times:
- 8:30 a.m. Traditional Worship Service (Both Campuses), Sanctuary
- 8:45 a.m. Encounter Worship, Fellowship Hall (first Sunday of every month)
- 12:15 p.m. Holy Communion, Chapel
Holy Communion is also celebrated within the entire community on the first Sunday in October, which is World Communion Sunday, at selected Christmas Eve services, and on the first Sunday in Lent.
Ushers and Greeters
Ushers and Greeters are the first welcoming faces at the doors of our Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall (Encounter Contemporary Service). They greet members and visitors, assist in seating and take up the offerings at each of the services. These men and women willingly contribute their service on particular Sundays each month, as well as at special events during the week. Contact (713-402-5028) if you are interested in joining this dedicated group.
Acolytes bring the light of Christ into the Sanctuary at the beginning of the morning worship services in the Sanctuary. They also assist with baptisms and then carry the light of Christ back out into the world at the end of the services. All youth from 6th through 12th grades are invited to participate in this important ministry. Please contact at 713-402-5028 for more information or to volunteer.